Saturday, June 23, 2007

Young ladies can be so loud.

So Lizzy's party is over. Overall a success...but seriously - I think my days of the big birthday party are over for her. I can remember having one or two big birthday parties...but I don't remember doing something every year. Lots of years my birthday was spent on the softball field, or at Gram's. (By the way, I just noticed that Jeff is down here by himself watching Finding Nemo. I love that.)

I hate to rant, (actually I love it) but I also think they need to just PLAY...P L A Y some. Seriously, the "so what are we doing next" is crazy. I said, more of what you are doing, or sing and dance. I wish it wasn't raining. I was going to make them go outside and play tag. Do they play tag any more?????

On a positive note, they did play Twister. Of course, one of the girls was injured (I caught it on film...it wasn't pretty) but she survived when I told her she could go get pizza.

The capstone moment of the party was when they all belched their best belches into the Karaoke machine. Then, when one of the moms came, I mentioned that there was significant belching, and she said to Lizzy..."well you can belch the ABCs - right Lizzy?" and it turns out that yes...she can. How in the world does Emily's mom know my kid can belch the ABCs and I don't? Obviously we need to spend more time bonding as a family.

Sami is sleeping over at Morgan's house. Lizzy and SJ are upstairs watching the Naked Brothers Band movie. Jeff is watching Finding Nemo, and I am having a glass of wine and am going to go get my butt kicked by a 7 year old on Webkinz...

Happy Anniversary to you!

2 comments:

Tunie said...

And you will turn around and do the same thing again next month for SJ right???

Sounds like a fun party!

Bink said...

actually - she's doing build a bear. shouldn't be too hard. she doesn't like cake, so we might just go to the DQ at the mall and call it a day!