Monday, June 25, 2007

Every Rose Has It's Thorn...

So I saw in the paper today that Ratt and Poison are touring together this summer, and are going to be in Indianapolis. I tore out the ad to give to Jeff as a possible birthday (or anniversary? how ROMANTIC!) gift.

Then I started thinking about who else would be there...basically a bunch of bloated 30-something women who thought they were hard core in high school because they listened to "heavy metal" (read...hair bands) but were really girls who liked power ballads and guitar riffs played by men who really knew how to use a can of Aqua Net (extra super hold, of course). I, of course, am one of those women. And I do still love Ratt. I don't listen to them much - my CD collection is very dusty (but so is everything else in my basement, but that's another story). I tend to spend my time listening to a combination of Radio Disney and Barenaked Ladies' song, if I had $1,000,000 (Sami loves that song. We listen to it 2x per day while driving to and from day care). And seriously? I thought Brett Michaels and CeCe Deville were in a huge fight. Did they make up? How do I not know this?

And talk about bloated? I think CeCe was either on Celebrity Fit Club, or should have been.

I have no idea what Ratt has been up to. Obviously nothing juicy, as they have NOT been featured on VH1.

So as I thought about going to this concert, I thought about a) who in the world I would ask to go with me (it would have to be someone I trust very much...I don't want to be made fun of forever) and b) who else would be there. Basically, I think there are 3 kinds of people there:
1) The former "hard core" (ha) girls (myself included) who are now married, living in a 4 bedroom home in a community on the north side of Indianapolis, and are married to an accountant (not that there's anything wrong with that! smooches to you Jeff).
2) Girls who are not former "hard core" girls - but girls who still tease their hair and who still wear wrestling shoes and think it makes them look hot.
3) The guys (most who look like Kid Rock) who are with girls from item #2 above.

I probably won't go to the concert. I'm guessing that my money would be better spent at Target...talk dirty to me indeed!

1 comment:

Tunie said...

Impressive that you added pictures.

Yeah, you are probably right. Spend the $$ at Target.