Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Failing

Thank goodness we have one GT student in the house. Evidently I failed reading comprehension. Scary for all my former students out there.

After weeks of deciding about what type of cake to make for the fair, we have 12 hours until the cake is due. As we did the final pour into the pan of our coffee cake, KN said, “Is this really a single layer?”

Single layer?

Oh.

No. Actually there are four layers.

KN, “And wouldn’t the topping be considered ‘other toppings’”

Oh yeah. I guess it would.

So the description reads, “Make a single layer cake with no frosting or other toppings.”

Yeah, a four layer coffee cake with topping probably doesn’t count.

12 hours and counting.

Moving on to choice #2.

2 comments:

Bink said...

I volunteer to eat the forbidden 4 layer cake.

I'll take one for the team.

Tunie said...

c'mon over in 11 minutes - hot fresh coffee cake.